Monday, September 8, 2008

this is getting a bit old............

We're 8 days overdue. Last night I had some contractions, which I thought might amount to getting us to the hospital, but they fizzled out almost as soon as I laid down to get some rest.

At my appointment today they did a non-stress test, which monitors the baby's heart rate and my uterine contractions for 45 minutes, and determines from that whether the baby is stressed - he/she wasnt - all looked great. Then they did an ultrasound to make sure there was still enough amniotic fluid, and it was borderline too low, so we started talking induction. I really, really, really dont want to be induced, so we decided to give it until Wednesday, and repeat the tests...........
but maybe Baby Johnson will make an appearance between now and then...........

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Poor Lisa! STILL pregnant?! Hope yoy don't have to get induced. I've heard the petocin makes the contractions really strong and that much more difficult to handle without drugs. (not to be a total Debbie Downer....)

Dena said...

Ok it is Wednesday! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you have popped and we have a beautiful new baby in this world!

Unknown said...

Come on, baby, come on.
The full moon is coming on monday,
maybe that energy will do something.

By the way, I've been drying pears.... I picked my neighbors tree too. Just thought you'd like to know....

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Congrats on your new baby boy! I'm glad that all went well! I can't wait to hear your birth story! Hugs to you!

Dena said...

WOO HOOOOO!
So glad that I came here and read the comments.
Congrats on your baby boy! I can't wait to get all the details and his name!