

So I know i'm not due for 2 more weeks, but i've decided that I'm good and tired of being pregnant and its time for this baby to greet the world. HA! If only it were so easy........but.........I have learned that statistically there are more babies born at the full moon than at any other time of the month. The full moon is tomorrow (Saturday) night. I'm hoping for a weekend delivery. To help the moon in her endeavors, we're power-walking up the orchard roads, doing pre-natal yoga, and drinking red-raspberry leaf tea.......all of which should be good for getting labor started.I saw the midwife yesterday, and she said that this baby is good sized - probably 7 pounds now - will be at least 8 if I go full term. 7 pounds and early sounds pretty good to me.
So we decided to stick with the birthing center in Waimea for the birth. The babe is still head-down (and, as of yesterday, starting to engage) so we're anticipating a complication-free birth. I'm fairly disappointed that we're not having a home birth, but it makes the most sense under the circumstances to go ahead with our original plan. If there is a next time, we'll plan ahead earlier to have a home birth. We did hire a doula, who seems absolutely fantastic, and I really think she'll be a huge asset to the labor team. Check out her website: http://alternabirth.bravehost.com Alexa, she reminds us of you!
We're still not totally ready for baby, but we're getting there. We worked on our birth plan last weekend with Sandie, I've pre-registered at the hospital, and we've got a list of things that need to go in the hospital bag (I promised Cam's mom that I'd pack this tonight in prep for my weekend delivery). My friend Christian told me about his son's birth - he was born 3 weeks early, and they were no where close to ready for him. He slept in a blanket lined cardboard box for a while - and was just fine. We do have a crib set up: we're in good shape.
Today is officially my last day working with the HIPPNET project. I start my new fire job (officially) tomorrow. The last 2 months I've been using my accrued vacation time with HIPPNET to get the new project started, which stinks because now I wont get paid out for that time, but I'll take it back in comp time when the baby is born, so it's just as well.......
We still have no boy names..........i'm starting to hope it is a girl - just for the sake of knowing what we'll call her...........
2 comments:
You're 38 weeks and FINALLY look pregnant! :-) I love that little tummy. Too cute. Good luck with the raspberry leaf tea and a few other "suggested ways" of bringing on labor (bow..chica...boump..bow - think 70's porn music and you'll get the idea :-))
So....the full moon has come and gone. Did it work?
Post a Comment