Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Puna Coast Trail (28 weeks)


Cam, Willie, and I went hiking on the Puna Coast Trail on Sunday, and didnt see a single person all day. Pretty weird to be only a couple of miles from a subdivision, and have the entire coastline all to ourselves! Sir Willie had a great day, and was exhausted by the time we got home. I was too, actually - I went home and slept for a couple of hours while Cam mowed the grass and grilled some delicious dinner.
They say that at 28 weeks (which is also the beginning of 7 months!), baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds, and is about the size of a chinese cabbage. Are these the purple ones? What a ridiculous comparison. S/he measures 14.8 inches from head to toe. Right now, the babe's head is down, which is good, but there is still plenty of moving room in there, so s/he may not stay in place, but we're keeping our fingers crossed. I'm starting to be able to tell which body parts are where by the size, hardness, and movement in different areas of my stomach.
I'm really getting ready for this kid to come out. I know that there is still a ways to go (and we want baby to stay put until it's ready) but i am sick and tired of being pregnant. People who say that they loved being pregnant are completely insane. I'm totally over it and ready to have my body back and have the baby out where we can play with it. I still feel pretty good, but I'm starting to be a bit more tired at the end of the day. We are going on a weekend backpacking trip this weekend to Waimanu valley - I figure it's our last chance for at least a year - soon I'll be too big and uncoordinated for that kind of exertion!
This week we finish our birthing class - I guess that means we're educated and ready for birthing. I just found out from my mom this weekend that she had both Shannon and I really quickly. With me she didnt even know she was in labor, was checked at a routine appointment, and they made her stay - she said she was at the hospital about 12 hours, and the birth was pretty easy. With Shannon she was only at the hospital for 30 minutes before Shannon was born - the doc didnt even make it into the room in time. If genetics work in my favor, maybe i'll luck out with an easy time of it as well!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad to see you are getting out and being active still! You look great. I can't wait to see this little one!

Jamie said...

Looking great as always. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for genetics to work in your favor for the birth process. My mom had a similar situation with all 3 of us. In fact, she was so quick that I was the only kid actually delivered by a doctor. I'll let you know how it works out for me :-) Keep your fingers crossed!!

Dena said...

You simply glow Lisa!
Glad to hear that everything is progressing smoothly. Any chance of visiting the states before your child graduates high school?

kristen said...

WHERE IS THE POST ABOUT GETTING MARRIED?! THAT'S INSANE! BUT AWESOME! CONGRATS!!